4.07.2008

Citrus

Well, we spent this last weekend with our good friends, the Potters. Ruth's parents have citrus trees and were kind enough to let us have BUNCH fruit! So, today the kids and I squeezed a lot of oranges, some grapefruit, and 3 gigantic lemons. We had a great time!

Anderson washed the fruit. He was drenched by the end, but had a ball playing with the water--I mean cleaning the fruit. :)

I cut the fruit.

And, Grace did most of the juicing. She was having so much fun with the juicer she even forfeited her turn with the playmobile people!

And tomorrow for breakfast we'll have fresh-squeezed orange juice! Hooray! Thanks Gordons!

If you have also found yourself with and abundance of citrus, particularly lemons, maybe you should try this lemonade recipe. I think I will.

5 comments:

RicAnn said...

I am so excited that you got a blog...There is only onw thing to say, Welcome to the Blogging World!

Fresh juice sounds so yummy! And it looks like it is lots of fun for the whole family.

Ruth P said...

I am glad you are enjoying the fruit! Nothing beats fresh orange juice! We made freezer strawberry jam for FHE on Monday. One of recipes on the pectin packet was "grapefruit jelly." Do you think Nate would like it? :)

kristi lou said...

It seems like SOMETHING would be good with grapefruit jelly doesn't it? Anyway, whether he like it or not, I'm sure Nate would love to try it. He's always game to try new things.

I'm thinking you have a good lemonade recipe. Am I right? Would you mind posting it?

Heidi said...

Love the picture of the cut citrus & also Anderson washing it - you should enlarge them and hang it in the kitchen or somewhere around the house! You are so talented and have a great eye! love ya - Heidi

kristi lou said...

that's a really cute idea heidi! i just might do that! thank you!!