10.30.2008

Quirky

So, I've been "tagged." RicAnn asked me to write about some of my quirks, so here goes:

I clean my ears when I don't want to do what I need to do...because, I mean, cleaning your ears is productive right? :) Pretty much, I do it at least once a day even though, they never really need it.

All of my recipe cards are in a big pile in my cupboard. They are not in a recipe box nor are they any sort of organized. (Maybe this is why I dread cooking?)(Is this quirky, or just lazy? Don't answer that.)

I can speak and understand "Toothbrush". You know, that language that's spoken when someone is in the middle of brushing her teeth and finds herself suddenly needing to communicate. "Toothbrush" is usually spoken with one's head tilted back so as to minimize the spillage of toothpaste drool. Anyway, I'm a fluent speaker of "Toothbrush", and I've found I'm actually pretty good at understanding it--in case you ever need a translator. :)

I like to sleep with the blinds open...We are so lucky to have the most amazing views of city lights and stars out our bedroom widow, and it seems like I'm always getting up in the night for one reason or another...I don't want to miss a chance to see them!

When I'm mad, I clean. See, if you're ever feeling like you need some help with your housework, just invite me over, and tick me off... you'll be set! :)



Ok, that's all my brain can think of ...

6 comments:

RicAnn said...

I am so glad you did the tag. When I was reading this I thought of a quirk you didn't mention. Remember how you swallow bubble gum. You can eat a bag of gum in one sitting :) Oh good times!

Amateur Steph said...

I speak fluent "Toothbrush" and "Yawn." Do you understand "Yawn" as well? Now I am imagining a ticked off Kristi speaking Toothbrush while cleaning her ears and getting ready for some serious cleaning.

Brice said...

I laughed out loud when I read that you speak "toothbrush"...thanks for the smile!

kristi lou said...

RicAnn: You are so right! I DO eat bubble gum like candy...I hadn't thought of that. Definitely quirky.

Steph: Really? You are also fluent in "Toothbrush"!?!? Next time your brushing give me a call!!

I am not fluent in "Yawn" but it seems closely related to "Toothbrush" --I bet I could pick it up quickly if I set my mind to it! :)

Brice: I'm so glad you enjoyed the post!

Monica Polad said...

It is fun to find out more about you! Those are good quirks. I clean when I am upset too, but I don't think Danny has figured it out yet or he would be making me mad all the time!!!!

Kandice said...

I remember the ear cleaning back in 121 down. That made me laugh!