3.21.2020

March 20, 2020 Friday

First thing this morning Nate and I went out to the phone store and I got a new phone. So that's good. The new phone has a better camera, and it holds a charge. :) Both good things.


The kids spent the morning home-working and playing with Lego and I worked some on Kit's quilt. Later in the afternoon, we were all feeling a little bit crazy a decided to head out on a walk, and just in the nick of time the sun came out. It was wonderful. Interesting thing though, for maybe the first time ever we didn't go on a family walk. We split up. Some of us were feeling like we needed a little space. (Me!) Grace hiked to Pretty Valley on her own. Nate took the boys up to Hellhole Campground. (Nice name)  Lilla and I hiked up to some rocks, I let her lead. We explored a little, and took it slow. She found a special rock for Gus' grave. (Gus is her bunny who died last week. Poor thing.) Then I insisted we needed to move our bodies more and we hiked over to Davis Creek. We call it the waterfall, but it's not really. We played around. I braided a crown for her from some tall grass. She washed her rock. We admired the beautiful mossy rocks near the creek. Then we ran part of the way home, gathered dried sage flowers. (I thought they would be neat to make a wreath out of, we'll see.) As soon as we got home, Lilla hopped on the skateboard. She just started learning today and she's done well! Grace has recently started skate boarding too and even has a longboard she ordered coming soon in the mail.

I felt SO much better after being outside and moving my body, I think all of us did.

Then we made homemade pizza. I have been having the kids make the dough the last several weeks. Kit ate 2 small pieces of pizza all by herself, and then made these funny kissy faces.


No comments: