7.29.2008

Fabric Houses

My latest obsession is little fabric houses. It has really got me on the verge of busting out the sewing machine. I saw this really adorable wool house at Anthropologie.

And, I've seen a few of them from artists featured on the blog decor8- like these pictured above from Stephanie DosReis. I love those dangling pom-poms and how the houses look kind of topsy-turvy. Most of those I've seen on decor8 are from etsy shops. (Etsy! Oh! Etsy deserves an entirely different post-I LOVE ETSY. If you have not checked out Etsy YOU SHOULD NOW. Seriously, it is a wonderful place where you can buy handmade goods from those who do the making.)


These last two little homes are also etsy artists found on decor8. The first one is a sweet bag made by Syko. I love all the mix-matched patterned fabric that was used. And I really like that it's a bag! And the great pillow house was made by MummySam. I love the embroidered lettering and the scallops on the roof. I also love its tall shape. It makes it seem more whimsical. See, don't those make you want to whip yourself up a little fabric house?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that!!! I haven't seen them yet, but now I completely want one. I'm not, however, tempted to whip out the sewing machine. If I attempted something like that it would probably be a three year project of blood sweat and tears and then it would wind up looking more like a sock!

Amateur Steph said...

Yes, my sewing skills would need a large dose of 'mom help' to achieve anything as cute as these.

kristi lou said...

Truthfully, I hear you girls loud and clear on the sewing thing. You should all know, I'm no seamstress. But man, these make me want to be one.

Natalie said...

Are they toys or decorations? With little boys all we have at our house are cars and balls!! My friend Meg is an Etsy contributor. So many cute things! Make sure you post the finished product!!!

Heidi said...

Looks like a ton of fun - they are darling! I bet mom has a ton of fabric scraps that would be fun to use. It reminds me of messing around in her sewing room as a kid.

I found this on a friends blog. You'll probably love it and I know Grace will want you to make her one or make her own!
it is on marthastewart.com and they are called black apple dolls here is he link

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/black-apple-doll?autonomy_kw=apple%20dolls&rsc=image_1

Happy sewing - Heidi

kristi lou said...

Heidi-I have seen those dolls and i DO love them! Really love them! They are adorable! Have you made one?

Cassie said...

Thanks for sharing your cute ideas. I'm always looking for some fun project! Those houses really are adorable.