7.15.2008

Monsoon

Well, it's summertime, and in Arizona that means monsoons: crazy, crazy rain. Aside from the flooding and road closures (moonsoons make for dangerous driving) they are actually something I look forward to. They are amazing storms. Sometimes you can literally see them coming - an insane wall of rain, wind, lightening and thunder. (See Pic: taken outside our house a couple years a go.) They usually come in the afternoons or evenings.

Because it's warm here (that may be the understatement of the year :)), you can enjoy playing in the rain without freezing. My kids jet outside any time they see sprinkles on the windows. Above is Anderson soaking wet, trying to catch some of the cold wet stuff on his tongue.

6 comments:

RicAnn said...

What a cute pic! I love the angle. I wish we could have experienced one of those awesome storms.

Bayles Clan said...

those are great pics-and seriously kristi i loved the post about the grill-i told bryan and he agreed that that is the ultimate sign of a real family-especially one in arizona!

Ruth P said...

We love the monsoon season too! Last Sunday a storm hit here and the girls and I ran out to try and "fly" in the wind with our Mary Poppins umbrella! It was so fun. I do love that you can play in the rain and not be cold. It sure was fun to see you guys last week!

Shuman X Seven said...

Awesome Picture! It looks like it should be in a magazine. So cute!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else, those are some awesome pictures. I would love to experience a monsoon. OF course, not one that flooded my home, but you know, a smallish one! ;-) Especially in that HOT weather!!!

Amateur Steph said...

Wow! I love those pictures. Summer rainstorms are so perfect!