6.14.2020

The Right Source

I feel like I'm coming to some harsh realizations. I'm wondering if things will really ever be the way they were. In some ways that might be a good thing. But those aren't the things I'm talking about. I'm wondering things like, if in the next couple of years my children will be allowed to participate in a band program at school--I mean, I guess it's a Covid threat to have all that spit blowing around. But it really makes me sad. And what about dance recitals? Will we have those again? Those are things I find a lot of joy in, and it's made me think maybe I'm looking to the wrong sources for my joy.

Speaking of wrong sources, I find myself spending way too much time checking and reading the news. I'm realizing that I'm going to the news for answers. Things are so uncertain and I have a lot of questions. And there are a few answers to be find there, but not the answers I need, not really.

I should be going to God for answers. I should be finding my joy in Jesus Christ. I have known for a long time that it is only through the Gospel of Jesus Christ that real happiness can be found, only through Him that real answers can be found. I need to get my answers and my happiness from a source that is unchanging and will ALWAYS be there, no matter what happens in this mad world. I guess now is my chance to really put my knowledge into action. 

No comments: