5.20.2020

Well, things seem to be simmering down here in Utah as far the the pandemic is concerned. Most of the state is in the Yellow phase of the Red, Orange, Yellow, Green strategy the state has set up, and in the news yesterday I started to see talk of us being able to go back to church. It's great news. We even cautiously let the kids have play dates this week. 
Some parts of this whole thing have been horrible. Of course, there's the obvious that many people have been very sick and thousands, 92, 333 in the US as of now, have died! But just in my day to day going in pubic often makes me tear up. It's just hard to see everyone in masks and feel the anxiety in the air. It's stressful. The times that are the saddest for me though usually involve the kids' schools. This is Anderson going to clean out his locker for the last time in 8th grade. He was greeted by people in gloves and masks who were keeping their 6 foot distance. Ugh. I get it, I do. I just feel such a sense of loss over it. No friends, no signing yearbooks, no fun assemblies or final concerts. 
There have also been some good things though. I'll have to write about them later, as a little person is in need of me. :)

No comments: