5.20.2020

Creative Projects

One of the things that a played a large role in me maintaining my sanity throughout this time of quarantine (which seems to be slowly but surely coming to an end!) is creativity. I pieced together this little quilt for Kit of scraps we had in the house. I especially like using my hands. And I really like mixing and matching colors and patterns. And quilting brings back fond memories of my childhood. As a younger child I remember quilting with my cousins, making quilts for refugees. I believe my Grandma made over a 100 quilts during that time! I remember a floor to ceiling stack of them at her home in St. George. As a teenager, I went and stayed with those Grandparents and, with Grandma's help, made another quilt, that I still use today. 

I embroidered Kit's name in the corner, which I have never really done before. I'd like to learn more about embroidery.
Gibson is keeping the tradition alive and started his own quilt. He came to me and asked if he could make  a quilt--of course he can! So we sat down and he chose some fabric online. So far he's cut out all the squares, layed it all out and started piecing it together. 

Yesterday I finished removing the wallpaper in my bedroom. That makes 7 or 8 rooms that we removed the paper from in the 5ish months we have lived here. Thanks Covid-19! My neighbor was kind enough to let me use her steamer and that has made a big difference where the wallpaper is especially stubborn. 

No comments: