5.24.2020

Random Happy Things

This is a mis-mash of some lovely things going on. 

I have been wanting forever to get a stamp for our little family library, and this week my dream came true! I really think it's lovely.

Grace has loved "Mexican Poppies" since she was a little thing living in Arizona, we'd heard of this little patch of them just a few minutes from our house, and went to check it out. Sure enough! She was in heaven.

This little bird feeder Lilla is filling has brought me so much joy. There are a nice variety of birds that come to eat here, and it's right outside our window where we can see them easily. I bought a bird identification card-it has been so fun! I can remember Lazuli Bunting as one of the birds we used the card to idenify.

These foxgloves I bought on a whim have far exceeded my expectations! Incredibly gorgeous, and come to find out, toxic. So don't eat them. Can you believe this blue though!

Just this week the lily pads on ponds started blooming! Hello, dreamland! Such a delightful surprise.

And these ferns! I love the way they uncurl as they grow-it's so fascinating. Ferns seem magical to me.  I think I could have been a botanist.

It really has been an incredible blessing to live in this house this Spring. So. many. beautiful surprises. Sigh. 

Here's Nate and the adorable Kit, peeking around. Note the fields of wildflowers. This little hike is literally just out our door.

No comments: