4.21.2020

We're still here

Well, we're still in quarantine. Day 38 or something. And there's so much I wanted to catch up on. But there's something going on with some of the pictures on this blog and I have absolutely no idea why or how to fix it. So that's a bummer. UGh.

I guess I'll just write.

Two Sundays ago, April 12th, we celebrated Easter, and it was beautiful. We had a lovely Sacrament gathering with the children. We took some family pictures out in front of the house. I clipped some branches in bloom and arranged them over the doorway and in some pots on the porch- I thought they made the pictures extra special. We had an Easter Egg hunt in the yard and a special Easter dinner.

Wednesday of last week, so April 15th, the Governor announced that schools would not be opening for the rest of the school year. That was really sad news. I was really hoping the kids would be able to go back to school and have some closure on their year, especially Gibson. He's in 6th grade and this is his last year in Elementary School. There are so many fun traditions he'll miss out on: the bike ride to the movie theater, the pool party, the Medieval Feast. It all just makes me so sad. Not to mention he and Lilla both had lead roles in the their school play Frozen Jr. They were just one week from performances when this whole thing went down and now it looks like those performances probably aren't going to happen. Tears!! Well, to help ease our pain we went to In-N-Out, the line was the longest I have ever seen it and all the workers were wearing masks. We also purchased an enamel cast iron pot. We've been wanting one for a long time so that we can make the famous "Boston Bread".

The pot came Friday and we have just been baking up  a storm. So far we've made two loaves of the "Boston Bread" a loaf of the "Boston Bread" with rosemary-that was also delicious-then Sunday I met my friends Amy in the parking lot of Costco and she delivered to us some sourdough start along with a loaf of her homemade sourdough bread. She's been perfecting her sourdough bread for several years and it is incredible! She is a master! Yesterday she coached me through the process via the MarcoPolo video chat app and I made 2 loaves of sourdough bread. They actually turned out really well. Not as good as Amy's, but still very good. I'm honestly surprised at myself.  I'm not the best baker. :) It's a pretty involved process, but we did it and it was successful I would say!

Saturday Nate and Anderson waited in line outside HomeDepot for about 30 minutes, they wore masks and went in to get us some badly needed yard tools. When we sold our house in Vail, we also sold all our yard equipment knowing we'd be renting for awhile. We didn't even own a shovel! Anyway while they were there they picked up some bird food too. We have a little bird feeder in front of the house. There are two little black and white chickadees that visit regularly and take all the black sunflower seeds. It's so fun to watch them. And funny that they seem to prefer the black sunflower seeds. :) Then this morning I saw two bigger blue birds eating at the feeder. It's right outside the window and I'm loving it!




No comments: