5.01.2008

Dance Dance Crazy Pants

Don't you just love to dance? Oh man! I love to dance. Really, I love all sorts: modern, ballet, ballroom, etc...And for the first 2/3 of my life, dance played a major role. I took all sorts of classes, performed and even taught classes. But, I'm sad to say in recent years there really has been no formal existence of dance in my life. Of course, I dance with my kids, and in the car while listening to the radio, (oh, c'mon you know you do to!) but, I haven't really done anything to develop my "dance talent" per say. I guess I've just been too busy.

For the most part, I'm pretty happy with the things I fill my time with: family, church service, design. But, I have been spending oodles of time lately on our house & yard, decorating etc...something I love, but when all is said and done I could be happy at the end of a life with house that is not picture perfect. However, I will be very sad if I don't get myself in gear and do something with this desire of mine to dance. So I have! I found a couple of classes for adults, a modern class & a ballet technique class, that are flexible and affordable and I'm totally pumped! I'm sure I'll be totally awkward at first, but who cares!?! I'm excited and going to class starting Tuesday.

As a side note: A couple of other things I really want to do in this life of mine are travel more and learn to play the guitar. (I've always thought it would be such a great thing to be a guitar-playing mommy. I have these funny visions of me playing fun songs while my kids fold laundry. I know it's a little silly, but I'm determined make it happen. :) )

This sweet pic was taken by one of Gracie's grandparents at her dance concert a couple of years ago. Can you tell which one she is?

9 comments:

Dave said...

Is she the yellow blur in the back? i Love this picture! Way to be at doing something you love. I keep talking about doing a dance class or start drawing again. Now its time to do it :)

Dave said...

That was me not dave. Even though I am sure he'd love to pick up a dance class :)

Heidi said...

Awesome for you - I miss it too, I think Dance is just one of those things that stays in your blood forever! I feel my need to dance when I teach - I taught just one class here for Clytie and Clara and rented space from a yoga studio you should look into it - Grace would love Mommy to be her teacher!

Natalie said...

Kristi!! This is Natalie Anderson. What a cute blog! I hope you don't mind me dropping in. My sister told me that RicAnn left a comment on her blog and how she found her. Blogging makes this big world so much smaller! You have such a cute family and I'm glad everything is going well for you. We are also bloggers...check it out if you want. www.vincentbloggers.blogspot.com We are doing well. We just had our 2nd little boy on April 21st. Anywho, I would love to stay in touch and check in if that's okay.
It was fun seeing you again...even if it was just through the blog!

kristi lou said...

hi NAT! so good to hear from you! of course, i would love to keep in touch! I'll definitely check out your blog!

Melisa said...

How funny that I would find your blog tonight since I just talking with Candice Loosley earlier this evening at a baby blessing, and then I found your blog on Natalies its so fun to find old friends this way. You have such a cute family would you mind if I put your link on my blog so I can check in once in a while? Melisa (Cogdill)Larsen

kristi lou said...

holy smokes! hi melissa! of course i don't mind you checking in please do!!!

Monica Polad said...

Blogs are great! It is so much fun to see how everyone is doing when you don't get to see them much. The family reunion will be lots of fun. I think that Kallee is coming and I am trying to talk Autumn into coming but she isn't sure. As for Josh and Heston, I don't think Josh is but I am not sure about Heston. It will be fun to see you and your cute family!

Tahna Lee said...

There is a lady in Tubac who gives free group fiddle lessons. I think Grace could do it. Sometimes her group performs at this Family Dance night thing where they instruct you how to do "contra dancing" which is from the Jane Austen time period. I am not sure how it all comes together because I've never beeen, but it sounds fun. Grace could play and you could dance--ha ha! I'll see you tomorrow--Lena is coming to play at Noon, right?