8.26.2020

Winding Up Summer

 

Well, summer has come to an end. In so far that school has begun anyway. It's still insanely hot. Our grass is super dead, and I hate going out in the afternoons. Mornings and evenings are lovely though. 

Lilla went to Cherry Hill with some friends.
Betty Whitlock and Michelle McKenna came over to see the Fairy Garden. I wish I would have taken a picture of Betty. She looked so beautiful. I just love her. Betty is 80-something years old. She said she stopped counting at 80, so I'm not really sure, but I am sure I adore her. She is so much fun to be with. She and her husband, Woody, are sharp as tacks. In fact Woody is still running marathons.  I hope to be like them in my old age!
Gibson has been looking forward to working at the farm for a long time, and finally just decided to show up and see if they would let him work. And they did! I'm so proud of my hardworking farm kids. "Digging in the soil has a curative effect.." said Declaration of Independence signer, Benjamin Rush, and I agree!


Kit suddenly developed a fear of the deck. It's funny though, she doesn't mind being on the rug that's on the deck. It makes watching her easier. For now.  


Gibson had a 7th grade orientation Anderson came along to show him the ropes. They'll be at the same school next year.  I took the boys shopping for new school shoes.

2 comments:

jlbunting.com said...

I remember a certain someone who came to work on the farm and maybe lasted one day. :)
Yes, I’m reading this. You were on my blog reader and I was happy when your entries started popping up again. ❤️ (Becky)

kristi lou said...

Becky! I’m pretty sure you’re the ONLY one reading this. Farm kids are definitely the toughest! (Even if I wasn’t:))