1.11.2009

Play Time, Thrifty Style


In the spirit of frugality, I thought I would share this inexpensive, but really great, gift idea with you. It's a little play mat: something for children to drive cars on etc. Each of my sisters and I made one of these for our 2-year-olds to exchange with each other as Christmas gifts this year. The cost was really low--like $5 to $10. They are about 3 feet square and all you need is felt, scissors and a hot glue gun. Because we all live so far from each other we made the houses representational of our family's real houses. That way they can "visit" each other whenever they want! I thought they all turned out really cute. I rolled mine up and tied it with felt ribbon for storage, but my other sister made a drawstring bag for hers. Either idea works great!

4 comments:

Amateur Steph said...

That is an awesome and cute idea!

Christina Huling said...

Really cute Kristi

Heidi said...

Very Very Fun - What a great idea! Is this one the one you made, RicAnn or Val? Just wanted to see who's town it was?

Shuman X Seven said...

That is a darling map!! Next time you are coming, let me know before hand, we do need to get together. It certainly has been a long time!