9.18.2020

Grace Concussed

Well, Tuesday I was headed to the grocery store with Kit. I had just dropped Lilla at school, when I received a call from the VP of Davis High saying Grace had passed out in her nursing class and hit her head on the cement floor. I went straight over and picked her up. She was in a lot of pain mostly in her neck and the back of her head. She had a giant goose-egg. Conveniently the teacher is a nurse so Grace was well taken care of. I took her to the ER, the same one I visited when I hit my head. Yep. Luckily she didn't need stitches, but she was quite confused. For example she couldn't remember the word "breakfast" or even pronounce it when I gave her the word. After talking to her, the Doctor said, "She's obviously concussed." Now it's funny, then it was scary. She was just having a little bit of a hard time understanding what people were saying. They did all the tests and scans and everything came back fine. She didn't eat breakfast that morning, and the doctor said it's not uncommon for kids her age to pass out. 

I called my Mom and she rushed to the hospital to pick up Kit, thankfully! Kit got to spend the day in Pa's garden, a much happier place than a hospital. I'm so grateful we live close to our awesome family in times like these



Wednesday, Lilla made muffins "NOT FROM A BOX" which was her goal. They were delicious carrot muffins, and she did it 99% by herself! 

 



No comments: